Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pretty Lucky Girl

Just would like to say how fortunate I feel to have found our church. I come across countless people at work everyday and they are so...well, lost. I started reading the book called The Purpose Driven Life and I recommend it to EVERYONE. Its a 40 day read a little each day book. Very enlightening. In the few days that I have read I have been given such a calm and relaxation about everyday things. I realize even more know that our time on earth is a meer blink compared to our eternal life. It matters very much what we do..but all the little things...work, arguments, projects and all the little details of life have become a breeze. There is no stress in my life. There are lots of things that I am responsible for (raising my child, working to afford to live, ect) but my priorities have changed. I think the book has helped me to be able to change the position of importance. Do all things to please God, be a good person and help others to see Gods love and give James tools to be a responsible christian. I am the only one responsible for my actions..and when people realize you are not only a christian but a "practicing" one they are going to try and find flaws in you to make themselves feel better. I find myself just watching people sometimes. Its funny how just watching someone you can see how they live their life and the way their list of important things rank. Sometimes I try to view everyone as my direct brother or sister. Ive done this at work a few times and its really a new experience, they dont know Im doing it, but I feel a pain for them knowing that they dont know God. Ive been blessed to learn how to gracefully start a conversation with the intention of turning it toward church or God and have found that for LOTS of people thats all it takes is for someone to bring it up (because it was too hard, or way uncool, for them to). Others, have amunition built up to fight against you. I am blessed, I can see progress that God is working in my life, an answer to my prayers from a year ago. Once the desire is there, with a little work, God will back you up. His love is constant and pure. James always says "i want to be as strong as God!". I tell him not only is that impossible, but you dont want to be because who will you go to for help? If your as strong as God, he cant help you when you need someone stronger! I remember last year I saw a billboard on the side of the road, it said "feel like God is far away? he wasnt the one who moved." I got really angry when I saw that, no reason why, just really angry. I think that was one of the turning points I had. I was angry because the adversary was working against me to keep me from feeling Gods love. Satan was putting a hate in my heart to resist God. Looking back it could have gone either way at that time, I am so thankful that God interveined when I asked for help. I really didnt know at that time that it was possible to change my heart this much. He is so good. He allows me to feel pleasure intstead of embarassment when my child starts singing Jesus Loves Me or Zacchaeus or My God is so Big, So Strong and so Mighty in the checkout just out of the blue becuase thats what he likes. James has lots of questions about heaven and God, I just tell him...since God created Adam out of just dirt, there is no way we can know how wonderful and fun heaven is going to be!

5 comments:

  1. That's great, Lisa. It's kind of hard to get started talking to people sometimes but the more you do it, the easier it gets. Your little singing story reminds me of Jesse when he was about three - standing in the toy department of K-Mart looking at something on the rack and singing "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus" at the top of his lungs. Everyone stared ... and I smiled. It was a little moment I'll never forget. Good for you for working so hard to change your feelings about things. James will be the beneficiary of it - as well as you and the many other you touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read that book and it is very good.
    I too have some totally wordly people I work with. They seem to know I am a Christian because the older ones try not to use bad language around me. The younger ones are oblivious. I don't think I would ever try to talk to them about God (unless they bring it up - very, very unlikely!!) because they seem so totally involved in the darkness. I heard a conversation from one of the many young women that are living with their boyfriends: She said they were going to get married. Then she said something about the "prenuptial agreement" and she said something about her "future husband" that I wouldn't even say about a stranger. Those two things and the fact that she was using extremely vulgar language, told me that the marriage is doomed already. What do these people look forward to, what do they hope for the future, what do they worship, and where do they go for help??? These are questions that we can answer because our hope is in God.
    Maybe I am wrong but it seems they are too far into the darkness to listen to anything about God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about being so negative. I guess it is because I have led a pretty sheltered life and have never been around that kind of people.

    I am so happy about the change you have made in your life and especially because your priorities are where they belong: teaching your child about God. I am glad that you have people all around you at this stage because it is so hard with no one close to help. Being isolated is so hard.

    If I were to tell young parents anything it would be to teach your children from the beginning about the Scriptures. If you don't you will be filled with such strong regret and pain when it is too late. It can't be undone.
    I pray for God's strength and wisdom to continue speaking to you!

    ReplyDelete